Some of the things I’ve collaborated to make:
- “IoT Auto” 3D Printed advanced technology vehicle with Local Motors, Octoblu’s Meshblu, Link Motion instrument cluster & infotainment on NXP i.MX with ARM TrustZone, and IBM technologies including IoT Foundation, Bluemix, MobileFirst (Worklight), Streams, NodeRED, MQTT. Exhibited at IBM Insight `15 and SEMA `15.
- UNLV Robotics DARPA DRC-HUBO robot driving Local Motors 3D printed car into IBM Insight `15 Expo. OK, I didn’t build that robot but helped these things come together and get UNLV Robotics the exposure they deserve🙂
- aftermarket”car compute” on-ramp to IBM IoT + Bluemix cloud. Connects cars to our IBM cloud in seconds.
- Continental’s prototype IoT+Big Data Connected Car cloud on Intel powered Softlayer cloud for V2V and “highly automated” driving. Uses MQTT, Eclipse Paho, MessageSight (Intel Inside) IoT appliance, Streams, NodeRed and other components. Here is German Chancellor Angela Merkel reviewing it.
- Open IoT show car with Intel, IBM, Local Motors. 430hp crowdsourced open source car with MQTT, Intel Quark / Galileo, running Node-RED (Node.js for IoT) car controller & Intel Atom IVI system Automotive Grade Linux (Tizen IVI) and MobileFirst UX, connected to IBM Softlayer Connected Car cloud with IBM MessageSight, Big Data, Predictive Maintenance, Node-RED, MobileFirst Worklight.
- Collaborated with Jaguar Land Rover developing LR4 and supercharged F-Type IoT show cars live demo’d at IBM Connect 2014, Tizen Dev Conf, IBM Innovate 2014. Solution used MQTT, AGL Tizen IVI, MessageSight, Streams, Node-RED, Predictive Maintenance, MobileFirst, Softlayer cloud.
- Led collaboration with QNX creating IoT car shown at IOD 2013, CES 2014, Pulse 2014. Solution uses MQTT, IBM Big Data, Streams (CEP), Predictive Maintenance, Softlayer Cloud, MobileFirst, QNX, Texas Instruments, Jeep Renegade.
- Raspberry Pi powered IoT show car w Local Motors, Citrix Octoblu, and Linux Foundation. Planned 3D printed IoT enabled show car.
- Drove creation and co-designed IBM IoT & Connected Car showcase on Softlayer cloud used for IBM’s demos, proof of concepts, hackathons and developer outreach. Uses MQTT, Eclipse Paho, Bluemix (IBM’s Cloud Foundry), MobileFirst, Node-RED, MessageSight, Big Data, Streams, Predictive Maintenance, Softlayer cloud.